We know that your dog is a special member of your family, With that in mind, we want our blog to reflect the special place the hold in your home. This means sharing news, recipes, tips and tricks to help you care for your all of your family.
This week, that includes a recipe we found for homemade Pumpkin Spice Dog Biscuits. We know this time of year, pumpkin spice everything comes on the market. Because not all of the pet treats you find in the store are the healthiest option for your pet, we will share with you a way to treat your pet and feel good about it.
Pumpkin Spice Dog Biscuts:
Recipe type: Doggie Treats
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 1 hour
We hope your dog loves it as much as ours did.
A healthy, yummy treat for your best friend!
- 2½ cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a stand mixer, mix together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon
- Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff.
- Roll the dough into a ½-inch-thick roll. Cut into ½-inch pieces.
- Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 40 minutes.
The author of this recipe states on her blog, that she developed it after finding that the dog treats in her cupboards, did not pass muster. She shared this and it looked so dare we say yummy, we wanted to share it with you.
We hope your dog loves it as Max did.